Wednesday, July 6, 2011

EVE University displays a disturbing disregard for the environment

At 04:45 Server Time on the Wednesday 6, July 2011, agents for the New Eden Conservation Society discovered a large cloud of detritus in the Abudban solar system. The junk left behind appears to be the result of an EVE University operation. The area around the Abudban to Osoggur stargate was littered with jettisoned canisters. There were also a large number of abandoned drones in the area.

Agents of the New Eden Conservation Society rushed to the scene to clear the damage. The environmental impact was minimized, at the expense of much time, effort, and fuel on the part of the agents involved, but the area was returned to its natural state.

In total, our agents collected more than 1,200m3 of detritus, including;
  • 1 150mm Light Autocannon I
  • 1 Catalysed Cold Gas I Arcjet Thruster
  • 1 Drone Link Augmenter I
  • 1 ECM Phase Inverter II
  • 1 ECM Spacial Destabiliser II
  • 1 Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane I
  • 1 Heavy Missile Launcher I
  • 1 Induced Ion Field ECM I
  • 1 Languid Phase Inversion ECM I
  • 1 Large Shield Extender II
  • 1 Linked I Sensor Network
  • 1 Optical Tracking Computer I
  • 1 Overdrive Injector System I
  • 1 Remote Sensor Dampener I
  • 1 Salvager I
  • 1 Scan Resolution Sensor Booster Script
  • 1 Scan Resolution Remote Sensor Dampener Script
  • 1 Sensor Booster II
  • 1 Small Nosferatu I
  • 1 Warp Scrambler I
  • 1 X5 Prototype I Engine Enervater
  • 1 Y-S8 Hydrocarbon I Afterburner
  • 2 Damage Control I
  • 2 Tracking Disruptor I
  • 2 Tracking Speed Disruption Tracking Disruptor Scripts
  • 2 Standard Missile Launcher I
  • 2 Signal Distortion Amplifier II
  • 4 Small Energy Neutraliser I
  • 5 Metal Scraps
  • 5 Small Shield Maintenance Bots
  • 5 Vespa I Medium Combat Drones
  • 6 Hobgoblin I Small Combat Drones
  • 15 Defender I Missiles
  • 19 CapBooster 800 Charges
  • 30 CapBooster 200 Charges
  • 72 Flameburst Tech I Light Missiles
  • 86 Wrath Fury Tech II Cruse Missiles
  • 155 Fusion Tech I Small Charges
  • 194 Devastator Fury Tech II Cruse Missiles
  • 200 Small Depleted Uranium Tech I Small Charges
  • 215 Widowmaker Tech I Heavy Missiles
  • 336 Bloodclaw Tech I Light Missiles
  • 458 Paradise Fury Tech II Cruse Missiles
  • 1500 Fusion Tech I Medium charges

In addition to the above our agents also discovered that EVE University had marooned a tourist with some of their junk in a jettisoned canister. If the agents of the New Eden Conservation Society had not arrived when they did, the tourist would certainly have died. The canister had only minutes of oxygen left and was in imminent danger of rupture from exposure to the vacuum of space. The tourist is now recovering in the Abudban VIII - Moon 6 - Six Kin Development Plant. His condition is described as “serious, but stable”.
A concerned capsuleer, who wished to remain anonymous for fear of reprisals, stated “this is a travesty, and should not be condoned or encouraged”.

Despite repeated attempts to contact a representative of EVE University for comment, both on the scene and through their public relations office, now more than 24 hours on from our discovery of this environmental disaster, we have yet to receive any reply.


Given the disturbing disregard for the environment displayed by members of EVE University in their handling of this disaster, we would like to express our hope that this was an isolated incident perpetrated by a few misguided individuals, and also, our confidence, that those responsible are quickly removed from positions of power and influence. However, with the continuing unresponsiveness of Eve University in regard to this disaster we find ourselves doubting whether this is the case, and should this be the prevailing attitude within Eve University, we ask, are these the people we want educating our young capsuleers?

Proteles cristata
Co-Chairman of the Board
New Eden Conservation Society

And

E2401
Chairman of the Board
New Eden Conservation Society

No comments:

Post a Comment